CHINA CONTAINER TRAIN
Container train is a fast and safe way to transport cargo to China. The fastest route from Kouvola, Finland to China goes via Russia and Kazakhstan. We can also use the Mongolian or Russian route (Zabaikalsk – Manzhouli) especially to locations in northern China.
Besides brief stops at border crossing stations, container trains move without any interruption. Therefore, transit time from Kouvola to China is only about 14 days. Trains move up to 1000 km per day.
Railway transportation is cheaper than air freight, but not so much more expensive than ocean freight. Railway transport is very competitive especially to/from locations in inland China. We arrange direct container trains to all over China (min. 41 x 40’ containers / train).
Railway service from Kouvola to China is currently suitable for high volume exporters. Then customer reserves the whole capacity of the train (41 x 40’ HC) and determines the departure days. There have been block trains of e.g. pulp and timber industries.
CHINA TRAIN INFO
Export from Finland in 2020
We arrange full container train deliveries (41 x 40’ containers / train) for large exporters to Xi’an and to other destinations in China. We have transported e.g. paper, carton board, pulp, timber and metal industry products in the container trains. In a block train delivery (=full block train, 41 x 40′ HC/train) customer will book the whole train capacity and can determine the train departure schedule.
Container train is a safe way to transport cargo to or from China. The train moves as a whole train from start to beginning and always using the same route. The only stop during train’s journey is at Kazakhstan/China border where containers are lifted on other wagons due to China having a different railway length than Finland and CIS-area. We follow the train online and report the train location regularly to customers having cargo in the train.
- Raiway tariffs
- Pre-carriage and on-carriage by truck or by rail in Finland and in China
- Container lifting (lifting capacity 41 tn)
- Container storage (Customs bonded terminal area)
- Container inspection, sealing, loading photograps
- Container stuffing/loading, cargo securing, safety shields
- Freight forwarding and documentation in Finland and in China: railway bills, customs clearance, transit declarations etc.
Kouvola Cargo Handling Oy
Tiilitie 9 (South side of the terminal)
45200 Kouvola, Finland
Tel. +358 44 535 8680 / Foreman
- Use Tiilitie gate when entering the container terminal.
- Inform KCH foreman about container pickups and returns in advance (tel. +358 44 535 8680)